When the external pressure causing the flow of the liquid is high, the flow of the liquid is said to be turbulent.
In turbulent flow,
1. There is no orderliness in the flow of liquid.
2. The liquid particles will not flow along straight lines, but will flow in curved paths in a zig-zag manner.
3. The different particles of the liquid will flow in different directions with different velocities.
4. The velocity of flow is always greater than the critical velocity.
5. Turbulent flow will happen when the driving pressure is high.
6. The flow of water from a tap is an example for turbulent flow.