B vitamins for a Healthy Immune System
• Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) promotes the production and release of antibodies from B-cells, and deficiency of vitamin B5 results in reduced levels of circulating antibodies.
• Folic Acid deficiency leads to a decrease in T-cells and supports production of red blood cells which carry oxygen around the body.
• Vitamin B6 deficiency consistently impairs T-cell functioning and results in a decrease in blood lymphocyte counts.
• Vitamins B1 (thiamin) and B2 (riboflavin) are important in normal antibody response.
• Vitamin B12 appears to inhibit phagocytic cells and possibly T-cell function.